The audio for the sermon on Romans 5:12-21 preached at Kahului Baptist Church on February 3, 2013 was lost. Here are the sermon notes:
Death in Adam, Life in Christ – The Great Exchange
Being reckoned with.
Being credited with sin and counted as condemned.
Being counted as justified and being credited with righteousness.
(1) the sin of Adam is imputed to all his descendants, and they are dealt with as guilty;
(2) our sins are imputed to Christ and he undertook the demands of justice for our sins;
(3) the righteousness of Christ is imputed to those that believe in him, as to be considered their own.
“For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Cor 5:21)
1) In Adam we all are sinners
2) In Adam we all are condemned to death
3) The Pattern of the One to come
4) In Christ, we are justified through Grace
5) Christ’s free gift (Grace) is much more than Adam’s offense
6) The results of One Man’s act
7) Super abounding Grace through Christ
1) Don’t think that anything else is more important than God and His Glory
2) Ask God to make the Great Exchange of Death for Life
a. Fall on your knees and beg God to forgive a sinner condemned to death
b. Receive the free gift of life that is available only through Jesus Christ
c. Commit to follow Christ daily in gratitude and in joy
d. Commit to study the bible and pray
3) Share what you have learned with others
4) Thank God everyday for His abounding grace through Jesus Christ